You were excited about the new Windows 10 update and wanted to upgrade from your Windows 7 system. After you installed Windows 10 Operating system, your system started experiencing problems. The USB ports which were functioning normally are now not working. You rebooted the system, but there was no difference.
There are many users who experienced the same issue. In this article, we take a look at solutions to overcome USB devices not working problem and recover data from USB devices.
- Reinstall all USB controllers
Right-click USB driver and click Uninstall. Restart your system after uninstall is complete. After following any of the above two methods, go to the manufacturer website of your USB and install the latest drivers. Using Power Management tab; Press Windows key + X. Select Device Manager. Now click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand. FCT, Voice Routing, Telecoms, Communication, Data, Solutions, LTE, 3G, Routers, Wi-Fi, Access Points, AP's, N-Router, Switches, CPE, Hardware, USB, Dongles. Choose Hardware tab. Click on Device Manager button. 4 Find your SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device device in the list and press double click on the androidusbdeviceclass device. Click Reinstall driver button. 5 Choose Install from the specific location and click on the Browse button.
- Press Windows key +X. Now select Device Manager from the list. If you are asked for admin password, type it for confirmation.
- From the list of hardware devices, click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
- Now right-click every device showing under Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and click Uninstall to remove them one by one.
- Restart your computer and let USB controllers to be reinstalled.
- Now plug in your USB device to check if it is working.
- Install drivers from manufacturer website
- Click on Start. Type Control Panel in the search box and hit Enter.
- Now click on Programs - > Programs and Features.
- Locate the USB that is not working.
- Right-click USB driver and click Uninstall.
- Restart your system after uninstall is complete.
After following any of the above two methods, go to the manufacturer website of your USB and install the latest drivers.
- Using Power Management tab
- Press Windows key + X. Select Device Manager.
- Now click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
- Double-click on USB Root Hub device.
- Click Power Management
- Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
- Click OK.
If there is more than one USB Root Hub device, you have to repeat the above steps for each device.
- Restart your computer. Check if all the ports are functioning normally.
- Restore usbstor.inf
If the USB port is not recognized by Windows, you cannot access content within it.
- Go to this folder – C:Windowsinf.
- Find the file usbstor.inf. Cut and paste the file at a different location.
- Now plug in your USB device. It should work normally.
- After the error is fixed, copy usbstor.inf file back to its original location.
- If you do not have the above files in the directory C:Windowsinf or if the above method didn’t work, go to C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository and look for the file usbstor.inf_XXXXX (where x will have some values).
- Now copy these files – inf and usbstor.PNF to the folder C:Windowsinf.
Restart your system and plug in your USB device.
Data recovery using Remo Recover software
If you lost data while trying to figure out solutions to solve ‘USB device not working’ issue, you can still recover it thanks to Remo Recover software.
Ss Telecoms Usb Devices Driver Updater
The data recovery software works well on all hard drives, memory cards, external USB drives, FireWire drives and so on.
Remo Recover restores data from several file types. If your file type is not listed, you can always add it using the raw signature search option.
The usb data recovery process followed by Remo Recover software is extremely simple. All you have to do is install the latest version of the software, follow the on-screen instructions to successfully recover lost or deleted data.
Ss Telecoms Usb Devices Drivers
Note that you should not add or modify any files within your USB drive after it stops working. If you do, it leads to overwriting of files and there would be no chances of data recovery.
Remo Recover can also retrieve files from lost, deleted, formatted and re-formatted partitions as well. The data recovery tool works on all versions of Windows and Mac Operating systems.
Color System Tutorials
|5516AC 6516AC 7516AC||English||Spanish|
|2515AC 3015AC 3515AC 4515AC 5015AC||English||Spanish|
Mono System Tutorials
|907 1057 1207||English|
|5518A 6518A 7518A 8518A||English||Spanish|
|2018A 2518A 3018A 3518A 4518A 5018A||English||Spanish|
Previous System Tutorials
- Color System Tutorials
- e-STUDIO 281c 351C 451c *
- e-STUDIO 287CS 347CS 407CS *
- e-STUDIO 287CS 347CS 407CS (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 2000AC 2500AC
- e-STUDIO 2000AC 2500AC (Spanish)
- e-STUDIO 2040c 2540c 3040c 3540c 4540c *
- e-STUDIO 2050c 2550c *
- e-STUDIO 2050c 2550c (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 2051c 2551c *
- e-STUDIO 2051c 2551c (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 2330C 2830C 3530C 4520c *
- e-STUDIO 2500c 3500c 3510c *
- e-STUDIO 2505AC 3005AC 3505AC 4505AC 5005AC
- e-STUDIO 2505AC 3005AC 3505AC 4505AC 5005AC (Spanish)
- e-STUDIO 2555c 3055c 3555c 4555c 5055c *
- e-STUDIO 2555c 3055c 3555c 4555c 5055c (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 3511 4511 *
- e-STUDIO 5506AC 6506AC 7506AC
- e-STUDIO 5506AC 6506AC 7506AC (Spanish)
- e-STUDIO 5520c 6520c 6530c *
- e-STUDIO 5540c 6540c 6550c *
- e-STUDIO 5560c 6560c 6570c (Spanish)
- Mono System Tutorials
- e-STUDIO 181 182 242 *
- e-STUDIO 203L 233 283 *
- e-STUDIO 205SE 255SE 305SE 355SE 455SE *
- e-STUDIO 206L 256 306 356 456 506 *
- e-STUDIO 207L 257 307 357 457 507 *
- e-STUDIO 207L 257 307 357 457 507 (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 230 280 *
- e-STUDIO 2008A 2508A 3008A 5008A (Spanish)*
- e-STUDIO 350 450 *
- e-STUDIO 352 452 *
- e-STUDIO 353 453 *
- e-STUDIO 450s *
- e-STUDIO 523 523T 603 603T 723 723T 853 *
- e-STUDIO 556 656 756 856 *
- e-STUDIO 557 657 757 857 (Spanish)
- e-STUDIO 5508A 6508A 7508A 8508A (Spanish)
Install Driver For Usb Device
*Requires Flash Player 8 and above. Click here to download the latest version.