This article describes an update for the latest integrated components for Windows virtual machines (VMs) that are running on a Windows 10-based or Windows Server 2016-based host, or a Windows Server 2012 R2-based host. This update is available on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based Hyper-V guest. Before you install this update, check out the Prerequisites section.
Formed in 1988 as a full-service systems integrator specializing in configuring COTS computer equipment. Systems Integration Plus, Inc.’s (“SIP”) expertise quickly broadened to include – and later showcase – installation and configuration of popular deterministic and near-deterministic operating systems, such as, VxWorks, QNX, Linux.
- Its system integrator services are cutting-edge and include the latest technologies such as robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, IoT, computer vision, real-time analytics and more. Vates’ experience with system integration solutions includes Horizontal Integration, Vertical Integration, Star Integration, among others.
- Even when a new system comprises a single system component, a system integrator is often retained to oversee the implementation. This is often the case with complex enterprise systems such as ERP, CRM, or supply chain management.
- The UpCity team has researched, compiled, and ranked the best United States system integration companies. View their profiles, reviews, and more below and choose your next partner with confidence!
Issues fixed in this update
Consider the following scenario:
You connect a VM to a virtual switch that uses a physical adapter.
You enable the single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) option in Virtual Switch Manager.
You disable the physical adapter on the Hyper-V guest while network I/O is running on the VM.
In this scenario, the VM crashes.
The current Write Ahead Logging (WAL) implementation incorrectly assumes that the Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) ownership never changes. However, the ownership does change in multiple VM group replication in a shared VHD scenario.
How to get this update
You can get this update through Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center. Even though this issue has only been observed in Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, the update also applies to Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1.
Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Method 1: Windows Update
This update is provided as a Recommended update on Windows Update. For more information on how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update.
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center.
All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8.1
All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8.1
All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012 R2
All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012
All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7
All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7
All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2008 R2
Note This download is not self-installing. Please see Managing Hyper-V Integration Services for guidance on how to manage and install integrated components. To start the download, click the Download button.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Update detail information
To apply this update, you must have April 2014 update rollup for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (2919355) installed in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. Or, install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
To use the update in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement information
This update doesn't replace a previously released update.
System Integrator Laptops & Desktops Driver Download
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the 'Applies to' section.
See the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant enables you to scan computing devices for the latest drivers available from Intel. This tool has the main interface hosted on Intel’s support website and provides a more integrated support experience to users. It has an enhanced detection engine to ensure that customers are given complete and accurate information and a scan frequency option to change from a “run-once” tool to a persistent experience that can provide customers with driver updates more quickly.
Products supported: Graphics drivers, wireless networking, Intel® SSDs, Intel® NUCs, and Intel® Compute Sticks
System Integrator Software
Issues with upgrading Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to a newer version? Please try our Uninstaller.
Required to install and use utility
- A broadband Internet connection is required to use this utility.
- Operating system requirements for installation: This application installs on Windows 7*, Windows 8*, Windows 8.1*, and Windows® 10.
- We recommend performing a Windows* update to bring your operating system up to date with the latest .NET.
- This application does not support Internet Explorer* browser. We recommend using Chrome*, Firefox*, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers.
Instructions for launching
- Uninstall any previous versions (optional).
- Download and save locally on your device.
- Double-click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Installer.exe file.
- Read and agree to the license terms and conditions
- Select Install.
- Click Launch button; the tray icon will start and automatically opens default browser
What's new in version 126.96.36.199?
- Bug fixes for endless scanning issues
- Improved screen reader compatibility of Installer
- Improved network resiliency
- UI improvements
- General bug fixes and improvements
System Integrator Laptops & Desktops Driver Downloads
What's in previous version 188.8.131.52?
- Improved support for Intel® SSD software
- UI improvements
- General bug fixes and improvements
Languages supported: Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Polish and Turkish.