- System Version Laptops & Desktops Drivers
- Download Hp Desktop Driver
- Dell Desktop Drivers Free Download
- Hp Desktop Driver Update
The Version API Helper functions are used to determine the version of the operating system that is currently running. For more information, see Getting the System Version.
The following table summarizes the most recent operating system version numbers.
System Version Laptops & Desktops Drivers
Microsoft® ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server® - Windows, Linux, & macOS The Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server provides native connectivity from Windows, Linux, & macOS to Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure SQL Database. Personal computer versions See also: Windows 10 version history In this section, a client version of Windows is a version that end-users or OEMs can install on personal computers, including desktop computers, laptops, and workstations. Drivers & Downloads. Locate drivers, user guides and product specifications for your Gateway technology. Recycle your PC, peripherals, electronics and batteries. Learn more about our environmental commitment. Get support via.
|Operating system||Version number|
|Windows Server 2019||10.0*|
|Windows Server 2016||10.0*|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||6.3*|
|Windows Server 2012||6.2|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||6.1|
|Windows Server 2008||6.0|
|Windows Server 2003 R2||5.2|
|Windows Server 2003||5.2|
|Windows XP 64-Bit Edition||5.2|
* For applications that have been manifested for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Applications not manifested for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 will return the Windows 8 OS version value (6.2). To manifest your applications for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, refer to Targeting your application for Windows.
Download Hp Desktop Driver
Identifying the current operating system is usually not the best way to determine whether a particular operating system feature is present. This is because the operating system may have had new features added in a redistributable DLL. Rather than using the Version API Helper functions to determine the operating system platform or version number, test for the presence of the feature itself.
Dell Desktop Drivers Free Download
To determine the best way to test for a feature, refer to the documentation for the feature of interest. The following list discusses some common techniques for feature detection:
- You can test for the presence of the functions associated with a feature. To test for the presence of a function in a system DLL, call the LoadLibrary function to load the DLL. Then call the GetProcAddress function to determine whether the function of interest is present in the DLL. Use the pointer returned by GetProcAddress to call the function. Note that even if the function is present, it may be a stub that just returns an error code such as ERROR_CALL_NOT_IMPLEMENTED.
- You can determine the presence of some features by using the GetSystemMetrics function. For example, you can detect multiple display monitors by calling GetSystemMetrics(SM_CMONITORS).
- There are several versions of the redistributable DLLs that implement shell and common control features. For information about determining which versions are present on the system your application is running on, see the topic Shell and Common Controls Versions.
If you must require a particular operating system, be sure to use it as a minimum supported version, rather than design the test for the one operating system. This way, your detection code will continue to work on future versions of Windows.
Note that a 32-bit application can detect whether it is running under WOW64 by calling the IsWow64Process function. It can obtain additional processor information by calling the GetNativeSystemInfo function.
Hp Desktop Driver Update
For more information, see Windows 10 release information and Windows lifecycle fact sheet.